IHG Rewards is running a promotion offering its members a Your Rate discount of 25% at its hotels across Asia Pacific. The ‘Your Rate’ promotion appears to be designed to buld awareness of the discount available to IHG Rewards members. Under the offer, the general public get a 15% discount. IHG Rewards members are eligible for an extra 10% discount, bringing the total tp 25%.
Your Rate promotion
The promotion is basically pushing the Advance Purchase options for booking a room. As such, payment is due on booking, and the bookings cannot be cancelled or refunded.
There are a few variations across the regions to be aware of when making bookings. Having said that the basic requirements are
- Promotion: Your Rate promotion
- Booking Dates: Book By August 14, 2017
- Stay Dates: Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa anytime between 1 August 2017 and 31 March 2018.
- Exception: In Japan, the booking needs to be made for a stay between 21 Auguts 2017 and 31 March 2018
- Exclusions: The promotion excluded hotels in China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan
This promotion is basically promoting an Advance Purchase rate. While a 25% discount is not too bad, there have been better promotions in the past, offering greater discounts. Even so, it is what is on the table now, so if you have any stays planned, these rates may be worth a look.
As far as I can tell, the rate appears as the normal Advance Purchase rate. To get the full 25% discount, you need to ensure that you select the ‘Ypur Rate’ option.