Qantas has this morning launched a general Double Status Credits promotion. The promotion is open to all members of Qantas Frequent Flyer. The popular promotion has run for the last couple of years, with many waiting for this years promotion to come along
While the bookings under the promotion need to be made by February 5, the travel can take place anytime between 12 February and January 20 next year.
Under the promotion, eligible flights include all Qantas marketed and operated flights that would normally earn status credits.
In order to take advantage of the Double Status credits offer, you will need to:
- Register for the promotion,
- Book an eligible flight by February 5, 2018. Note that existing bookings are not eligible for the promotion.
- Travel between February 12 2017 and January 20, 2019, which covers almost an entire year
Why Status Credits?
Status Credits are used as the measure that determines your status level within the program. Using a double status credit offer, you could find it easier to rise through the ranks to Silver, Gold, or even Platinum. It could also help you on the way to the next loyalty bonus.
The number of status credits you need for the various levels are as follows:
- Silver – 300 to qualify, hen 250 to requalify each year
- Gold – 700 to qualify, hen 600 to requalify each year
- Platinum – 1400 to qualify, hen 1200 to requalify each year
- Platinum one – 3,600 each year, of which 2,700 must be on Qantas marketed flights.
While the bonus will help you gain a higher level, the bonus doesn’t count towards Loyalty Bonus or Platinum One Loyalty Bonus earn requirements.
Remember, also, that these status credits also count toward your lifetime tally. They will make that Lifteime Silver of Lifetime Gold status just that little bit closer.
|Offer||Booking Dates||Travel Dates||Notes|
|Double Status Credits||March 2 – March 6 3, 2017||March 2 2017 – Feb 20, 2018||Included selected Emirates codeshares|
|Double Status Credits||April 28 – May 3, 2016||April 28, 2016 – April 16, 2017||Included codeshare on TransPacific American Airlines flights|