If you’ve been thinking about a Qantas Reward flight, then a new Reward Sale from Qantas may be of interest. Qantas is offering a 25% discount on the number of points needed for an Economy Reward seat with a Qantas, Jetstar or Emirates flight number.
The deal is available for booking made between now and Friday September 28, and applies across the domestic and international networks.
Get 25% off in four easy steps
- Login to Your account.
- Select ‘Use points – Classic Flight Rewards’ to search for your flights.
- Book an Economy Classic Flight Reward between 10am (AEST) 24 September and 11.59pm (AEST) 28 September 2018 on flights operated by Qantas, Jetstar or Emirates.
- Travel between 14 October 2018 and 29 August 2019 on Qantas and Emirates or between 14 October 2018 and 30 June 2019 on Jetstar.
The 25% discount should appear once you click through. It only applies to the Qantas Points required for your seat – not the taxes, fees and carrier charges you also have to pay. So, you may still be up for some significant charges on international redemptions.
You can read more and check the terms and conditions here.
The fine print
The offer comes with a set of restrictions that you should be aware of while looking for flights
- The discount applies only to the points component of the booking. It does not apply to the various surcharges and taxes that apply to Classic Flight Reward redemptions, which will be charged at their normal rates
- Travel must be on Qantas, Jetstar or Emirates flights
Is it worth it?
The best value redemptions are normally found in Business of First, with economy not being on everyone’s wish list. It can make sense for some people though, and a discount of 25% could swing it for some. Remember, though, that sometimes it may be worth buying a cash fare, especially if there is a sale on.
It won’t be for everybody, but if it is something that suits, then it is worth looking at.