American Express will be opening it new lounge at Melbourne Airport on March 27, 2018. The lounge is located in the International Terminal (T2), and will next to a Plaza Premium Lounge opening on the same day.
The lounge will be open 7 days per week between 06:00 and 23:00.
The lounge will offer the following features:
- Free High Speed Wi-fi
- Complimentary Food and Beverage
- Barista Service
- Phone Charging Points
Eligibility to enter
Access to the lounge is based on holding an eligible American Express card. The access requirements are the same as those that are in place for the Sydney American Express Lounge.
If you hold a high end charge card, such as the American Express Platinum or Centurion cards, you are offered unlimited entries each year.
The following cards offer 2 entries per year
- American Express® Explorer™ Credit Card
- American Express® Platinum Reserve Credit Card
- David Jones American Express® Platinum Card
- Qantas American Express Ultimate Card
- American Express Velocity Platinum Card
- American Express Airpoints Platinum Card
- American Express® Westpac Altitude Black Card
The two entry limit each year is shared with the Sydney Lounge, so it is 2 entries across the two lounges. It is not 2 entries at each lounge.
After the lounge is open, I will update this post with further information on this new lounge.