Over the first week of August, Qantas will be running a Points Auction. The auctions will offer Qantas Frequent Flyers the ability to use their points to bid on unique experiences.
The auctions start on Monday 2 August, kicking off at 8 am. (AEST) each morning. Each day, the auction will run through until 9 pm with the winner being the Frequent Flyer that bids the most points.
The Qantas Points Auction is open to Australian residents aged 18 or over who are Qantas Frequent Flyer members. And you will need to have the Qantas Points available in your account.
Points Auction items
Over the 5 days the auction will be running, members will have the chance to bid on:
- Monday: Qantas 787 flight Simulator Experience (opening bid is 50,000 Points).
- Discover the exhilaration of flying as you take virtual command of a Qantas 787 Dreamliner during a 2.5-hour session
- Tuesday: Luxury Eichardt’s Queenstown Getaway (opening bid is 300,000 Points)
- The package includes four return Qantas Business class flights to Queenstown, penthouse accommodation for three nights with all the trimmings including a private chef and a fully-stocked minibar, and private dining on a superyacht.
- Wednesday: Children’s coaching Clinic with Socceroos coach (opening bid is 100,000 Points)
- An hour-long training session for up to 20 children hosted in NSW, the kids will warm up, be taken through drills and skills, and play a game.
- Thursday: A pair of A380 Business Skybeds (Opening bid is 350,000 Points)
- Two A380 Skybeds, the screens don’t work, but they’d make a great addition to a media room
- Friday: Spend the day with 30 friends on a private Dash-8 (Opening bid is 1,200,000 Points)
- You, and 30 friends, can take off on a Dash-8. Choose from three destinations: Sydney to Byron Bay, Brisbane to Hamilton Island, or Melbourne to Devonport.
Further details on each of these items are available on the Qantas website.
If the first Points Auction is successful, Qantas Frequent Flyer will source more prizes to auction throughout the year.
As Qantas Frequent Flyers continue to build their points balances, Qantas are looking for new ways to help spend those points. These auctions certainly provide an interesting new way for some to burn some points.