It’s back! Your chance to earn Double Velocity Status Credits, and fast track your way to Gold or Platinum status.
Velocity Double Status Credits Key Details
In order to get the double status credits, you will need to keep in mind the following key details
- Registration: You must register for this offer prior to making your bookings
- Booking Period: You must book a new flight between 18 November and 24 November, 2019
- Travel Period: Your travel on the eligible flights must occur by 13 October 2020.
- Eligible Flights;
- Virgin Australia marketed and operated flights: You can fly any Virgin Australia marketed and operated flight. That means you must have a VA flight number, and be on a Virgin Australia aircraft.
- No Codeshares: Be careful with codeshares as Only Virgin Australia flights count. Your booking has to carry a VA flight number and be flown on a Virgin Australia aircraft. Codeshares flights operated by partners such as Singapore Airlines, Etihad or Delta Air Lines won’t qualify.
Once you have completed your travel, Velocity say that it can take up to 4 weeks to get your double status credits. In my experience of previous promotions, they tend to post at the same time as the flight – a few days after travel.
Status On Virgin Australia
Status Credits are the primary measure that is used by Velocity to determine your status. There is a secondary need to fly a certain number of sectors, but we will focus on status credits here.
In essence to rise through the levels you need to earn
- 250 status credits to reach the silver tier (200 to renew it in subsequent years),
- 500 to reach gold (400 to renew) and
- 1,000 to reach platinum (800 to renew)
Of course, with a double status credits offer, this can be done with half the flying that you normally need to do.
If you have been chasing status, a double status credits offer is a great way to get some status credits under your belt.