Qantas Frequent Flyer has extended its double Qantas Points on eligible UberXL or Uber Comfort trips through June. In Qantas terms, an eligible trip is one to or from a selected Australian airport.
How Many Qantas Points do I get?
The number of points you earn on Uber rides is determined by your Qantas Frequent Flyer status. Under the double points offer, Qantas Frequent Flyers earn as follows:
- Gold, Platinum and Platinum One members will earn 6 points per dollar spent (up from 3 points per dollar)
- Silver members will earn 4 points per dollar spent (up from 2 points per dollar)
- Bronze members will earn 2 points per dollar spent (up from 1 point per dollar)
Keep in mind that the bonus is only applied to UberXL and Uber Comfort bookings. If you book a product, such as UberX you will earn at the usual rate.
Under the Uber definitions of what you should expect for these vehicles:
- UberXL: a vehicle with room for up to six passengers. These may be provided in an SUV or minivan;
- Uber Comfort: an option that uses top-rated drivers and newer cars.
To take advantage of this offer, you will need to request an UberXL or Uber Comfort to or from eligible Australian airports until 30 June May using the Qantas App. There is no registration requirement – you will just need to remember to book an eligible service.
(H/T – Point Hacks)