Virgin Australia has launched a new offer of triple Velocity Points on new bookings. If you take advantage of the offer, you will earn 15 Velocity Points per dollar, rather than the usual 5 Points.
It’s a fairly straightforward promotion. All you need to do to be in the running for triple points on your flights is 1 December 2020. You can choose to travel at any time between now and 19 October 2021.
Triple Velocity Point Offer Details
- Booking Dates: 23 November to 1 December 2020
- Travel Dates: 23 November 2020 to 19 October 2021.
- Registration: Activation of the offer is required on this page
Once you have registered your Velocity membership for the offer, you are good to go and book your flights.
You will need to keep in mind that the offer is available on eligible flights. As such, there are a few restrictions that apply.
Firstly, the bonus is only available on flights that would normally earn points.
Secondly, you need to make sure that you book Virgin Australia marketed and operated flights. Codeshare flights are not eligible for the offer. Having said that, I am not sure just how many codeshare flights there are at the moment.
Keep in mind that only base points tripled. Other bonus points, such as from a Status Bonus, are not tripled.
As an example, a Platinum Member could receive a total of 20 Velocity Points per dollar with this offer. This is calculated as follows:
- The normal 5 Velocity Points that are on offer
- A further 10 Velocity Points to make up the triple point offer
- Finally, on eligible fares, an additional 5 Velocity Points per dollar for holding Platinum Status
All that said, these promotions cost nothing extra, so if you can book next year’s flights in the next week, it is worthwhile signing up for the extra points.