Virgin Australia is offering up to 20,000 bonus Velocity points when booking an international long-haul flight from Australia by 9 February 2020. While you need to book by 9 February, you can fly anytime between 20 January and 15 December 2020.
The long haul destinations available for this promotion are London, Los Angeles, Tokyo or Hong Kong. For most destinations, you need to book flights marketed and operated by Virgin Australia.
There is one exception, and that is to London. In this case, you can take two routes to London. You can take a Virgin Australia flight to either Hong Kong or Los Angeles. From there you can connect to a VA codeshare flight for the onward journey to London. This will generally be a flight operated by Virgin Atlantic.
The bonus on offer depends on your class of travel:
- Business class = 20,000 Points for a return flight and 10,000 Points for a one way flight.
- Premium Economy = 12,000 Points for a return flight and 6,000 Points for a one way flight.
- Economy Freedom = 10,000 Points for a return flight and 5,000 Points for a one way flight.
- Economy Getaway / Elevate = 5,000 Points for a return flight and 2,500 Points for a one way flight.
Taking Advantage of the offer
To take advantage of this deal:
- Firstly, activate the offer you wish to use here
- Secondly, book an eligible flight by 9 February 2020 (entering your Velocity number at the time of booking)
- And Finally, travel to 15 December 2020.