Hilton is rolling out free Wi-Fi internet to all Hilton HHonors members. In addition, Diamond members of the Hilton HHonors program will progressively gain access to a premium Wi-Fi offering.
The change to extend the current offering of free Wi-Fi comes into effect today, June 4, 2015. It extends the offer that has, until now, been made available to Gold and Diamond level members of the loyalty program.
For diamond members, the upgrade to a premium offering is being rolled out across the Hilton network. It will be available from this month in some areas, however in Asia Pacific region, Europe, the Middle East and Africa the rollout may not be completed until the end of September.
There is a catch to all this, and that is the booking needs to be made through a Hilton booking channel. These channels include:
- The Hilton HHonors mobile app
- Online from hilton.com, HHonors.com, or any Hilton brand/hotel websites
- Calling Hilton Reservations
- Calling an individual hotel (plus walk-ins and physical on-property too)
- Via corporate travel agencies and travel professionals that book via a Hilton proprietary channel
This excludes a number of popular channels, such as various online booking agencies, such as Qantas Hotels or Agoda, (Note that Gold and Diamond members will still retain their current entitlement regardless of booking channel)
Some properties, mostly international, that charge a so called ‘resort fee’ that includes internet access as part of its bundle will be able to continue to do so.