Bankwest is offering 5,000 bonus Qantas Points when opening a new Bankwest Qantas Transaction account. All you need to do to get the 5,000 Qantas Points is open a new account and meet some spending requirements:
- Open a new Bankwest Qantas Transaction Account by 7 August 31, 2022
- Make at least 10 eligible transactions per month, for the first three months
- Have not held a Bankwest Qantas Transaction Account in the last 24 months
- Ensure the account is still open when the points are to be deposited into your Qantas account. This could be 60 days after the qualifying transactions are made.
Bankwest Qantas Transaction Account
While the Bankwest Qantas Transaction Account offers Qantas Points, it is otherwise a reasonably standard transaction account. It comes with a debit MasterCard to enable you to access for funds.
There is a monthly fee of $6 for holding the account. However, you can get this fee waived by depositing at least $2,000 into the account every month.
ATM access is available free through the Bankwest and Commonwealth bank network of ATMs. Of course, use at other ATM networks will result in an ATM access fee from the ATM owner. Overseas, there is no ATM access fee (although the owner may still charge one), but unfortunately, there is still a 2.95% foreign currency fee charged on the Australian Dollar amount of the transaction.
- 3 points per eligible transaction on the attached debit Master card. (This means, among other things, a purchase transaction, rather than an ATM withdrawal, for example)
- 5 points per ATM withdrawal overseas (this will involve an ATM fee).
- 0.3 points per day for each $100 in the account, up to $50,000