As of February 1, 2017, Hilton HHonors will be running a new global promotion, going under the name of 2K, Every Day. This promotion begine immediately after the current (extended) Double Up promotion ends.
Hilton have provided some details of the promotion on Flyertalk. The basic details of the promotion are:
- Earn 2,000 Hilton HHonors points on every stay, every day at over 4,700 hotel and resort properties worldwide
- Stay dates February 1, 2017 through April 30, 2017
- There are no minimum stay requirements or restrictions on the days of the week you stay
- There is no maximum limit as to how many Hilton HHonors points you can earn
- All Hilton HHonors hotels will be participating in the promotion
The registration link for the promotion is HiltonHonors.com/BonusPromotion
Hilton HHonors have also said that the 2,000 points will be available to members that are booked on Award nights. In order to receive the 2,000 points per night, members will need to have incidental spend charged to their room in order to trigger the bonus.
For many stays this may be more rewarding than the current Double Points promotion. Even when taking the additional points booking through the App, many stays will be more rewarding under the new promotion.
On the down side, the current 5,000 point Visa bonus is ending. This bonus was offered per stay, rather than night, so depending on your stay length, this may balance out.
Overall, though, it is good that Hilton HHonors look to be sticking to their simple promotions. The points are awarded regardless of the day of the week, and all hotels appear to be participating. It is interesting that they have moved away from a revenue based model, offering a set number of points per night.