Marriott Bonvoy has launched its final global promotion for 2019. Called Unlock More, it is a bit of a mystery as to what you can expect.
Well, it’s not entirely a mystery.
Firstly, you are being offered 2,000 bonus points for your first two stays. These points will post after your second stay.
Once you have done that, you will also unlock your next offer. Hence the name Unlock More.
At this time we don’t know just what that next offer will be. Marriott has only said that it will be a customised offer.
As a result, we don’t know how generous or otherwise the second offer will be. It could be a far more generous offer. On the other hand, it could be another 1,000 points per stay.
In other words, it’s a bit of a gamble.
Unlock More Details
- Registration period: 15 October 2019 – 31 December 2019
- Earning period: 29 October 2019 – 14 January 2020
- Registration is required here,
- You will then earn 2,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after your second stay between 29 October 2019 and 14 January 2020.
- Shortly after the second qualifying stay has been posted, a further additional offer will appear in your account.
- The earning period for the “Unlock More” offer will be from the day the offer becomes available through 14 January 2020.
- An important point here is that only stays made after the additional offer is populated in a member’s account will qualify for the promotion.
- For the promotion, only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay
You can register for Unlock More through Promotions Central in your Marriott Bonvoy account.
Promotion Central is a central area to see your promotions. You can see any promotions that are available for registration. In addition, you can check on the progress of any promotions you have registered for.
Once you have found the Unlock More offer, click on Register. This will take you through to a page that gives you details of the promotion. You can finally register on this page.
After you have registered, return to Promotion Central to view your progress.
Is this promotion worth doing?
If you’re already tied into Marriott Bonvoy person there’s nothing really to lose.
But, if you’re the type that likes to move your stays around for the best deal, then this is a tough one. You simply don’t know what you could get. Maybe do the two stays, and see what you get.