As of 1 February 2021, Marriott Bonvoy in Asia Pacific has launched an offer of complimentary breakfast for the children of members aged 12 or under. The new offering builds on a range of food and beverage offers available to Marriott Bonvoy members in Asia Pacific.
The new offer replaces a previous offering Marriott Bonvoy had for kids in the past. There is good news with the new offer. Firstly, it is simpler. Secondly, it could offer even better value.
Under the previous offer, there were variations based on a number of factors. For example, there were variations based on your status, the age of your children, and even the type of hotel you were staying in.
As mentioned, the new offer is simpler. As of 1 February, all that matters is your status in Marriott Bonvoy.
Complimentary breakfast for kids aged 12 or below offer
The basics of the complimentary breakfast offering is as follows.
- Member, Silver Elite and Gold Elite.
- A complimentary buffet breakfast for children aged 12 or younger, upon purchase of a full-priced adult buffet breakfast.
- Platinum Elite, Titanium Elite and Ambassador Elite – complimentary buffet breakfast for children aged 12 or younger is applicable as follows:
- Children of a Member will enjoy a complimentary buffet breakfast at the time a Member enjoys his/her breakfast, where it is provided as part of the Elite Benefits; or
- Where the property does not offer breakfast as part of the Elite Benefits, upon purchase of a full-priced adult buffet breakfast.
The main limitation of the offer is that it only extends to a maximum of two children. While this may not be an issue for many families these days, there are certainly those that have more than two children. Even so, saving on the breakfast cost for two children will help the travel budget.
It is always good to see less complex offers by extending the best parts to a greater range of members. Even so, it may be worth considering whether a room rate inclusive of breakfast gives better value.
For further information, refer to the Marriott Bonvoy Asia website.