Qantas has launched a new Double Status Credits offer valid for new domestic flight bookings. The offer is open for bookings made between 25 March and 30 March 2021, for travel between 31 March 2021 and 28 February 2022.
In normal times, it is quite a powerful offer from Qantas – driving significant sales. This time around, things are more complex due to the way status extension offers are working.
Still, if you are looking at a way of boosting your Qantas Frequent Flyer status it is well worth looking at.
- Offer: Qantas Double Status Credits on Domestic flights
- Booking Period: Book a Qantas marketed and operated flight between 25 and 30 March 2021
- Travel Period: Travel between 31 March 2021 and 28 February 2021.
- Registration: You must register for the promotion at this link
As always, there are rules. When planning your travels under this offer, keep in mind the following important points:
- Qantas marketed and operated flights only.
- Marketed: You must book under a Qantas (QF) flight number
- Operated: You must travel on a Qantas aircraft. This means Qantas codeshare flights on partner airlines are off the table.
- Booking Period: You must book in the specified time period for the offer. It also needs to be a new booking. You can’t modify an existing booking to make it eligible.
- Travel Period: You must travel in the period specified by the offer. If you change your booking, and the new flight is outside the specified travel period, then you miss out.
Not all Status Credits are Equal
These days, not all status credits are created equally. And this is especially true of Status Credits earned through a Double Status Credits promotion. Such status credits count toward some things and not others.
Let’s look at the positive side first. They count toward attaining or retaining your Silver, Gold or Platinum status. They even count toward your Lifetime Status tally.
On the downside, they don’t count toward a few things.
Firstly, they won’t help you get to your next Loyalty Bonus, offered for each 500 Status Credits earned on Qantas or Jetstar flights. Only the standard Status Credits will count for this, and not the bonus Status Credits.
Secondly, the bonus will not count towards either the Platinum Bonus Reward or the Platinum One Bonus Reward.
Finally, if you are on a Status Accelerator/ Challenge, then these will not help you either..