If you have your eye on an Economy Class Reward on Qantas you may be in luck. Qantas has launched a new sale, offering a 30% discount on Economy Classic Flight Reward fares. The discount is available for bookings made by 16 June for travel between 23 July and 31 March 2020.
It’s a good deal if you are looking at travelling as a group, or you need to fly during peak period. For example, I know of people that have similar deals to take a family to the Gold Coast during school holidays.
The 30% discounts apply to economy flights booked on either Qantas (QF) or Jetstar (JQ/3K) domestic or international networks.
As usual, the discount options are limited to Economy class bookings. There are no discounted rates available for Business or First Class.
30% Discount Offer Details
- Offer: Economy Classic Reward Bookings on QF, JQ or 3K flight numbers
- Booking Dates: 13 June to 16 June 2019
- Travel Dates: 23 July 2019 and 31 March 2020
In order to take advantage of this deal, log into your account at Qantas.com , then search for an eligible flight. When searching, you will need to make sure that you have ticked the “Use Points – Classic Flight Rewards only” box.
The 30% discount is automatically applied during the booking process. You should not that the discount only applies to the points component of the booking. Any additional fees, taxes and carrier charges are not discounted.
There are a few restrictions to be aware of with this offer:
- Travel must be on Qantas, Jetstar, or Jetstar Asia operated flights, any codeshare flights are not eligible
- There are restrictions on connecting to other airlines. If you connect to an airline other than Qantas or Jetstar, you will not be eligible for the discount
- The discount only applies to the points component and not to any taxes and surcharges
Qantas run these promotions from time to time, and there may be some good value around.
Normally, best value for redeeming points is usually found in premium classes such as Business and First Class, Unfortunately, these cabins are not available in this sale.
There are however cases when it can make sense to book in Economy, and this is especially so when there is a sale such as this.