Qantas has unveiled details of its revamped inflight dining offering a wider choice of meals, fifty per cent larger servings and faster service. The new offering is set to roll-out across the network from 25 November.
The new offering will see changes from shortly after take-off, with economy passengers being offered a welcome drink from Bickford’s signature range, featuring flavours exclusive to Qantas such as Lemon & Elderflower, and Pink Grapefruit.
For the meals themselves, the new choices includes dishes such as smoky barbecue beef with roasted sweet potato, broccoli and corn; honey roasted chicken farro salad and seasonal vegetables with pumpkin and sesame seeds; scrambled eggs with chicken sausage, tomato, hash brown and baked beans; and Ruby & Roy’s traditional Greek yoghurt with granola.
There also new ‘grazing’ options, including items such as Pulled beef sliders with capsicum and tomato relish, Weis ice-cream bars, Maltesers and fresh fruit.
Aside from the food itself, there are also some additional changes to the service. CEO of Qantas, Alan Joyce explains “The new menu offers more generous meals and an increase from two to four meal options. We also have new meal categories, including a healthy option, comfort food and a meal inspired by the route itself, like Smoky Barbeque Beef on our US flights.
“We have extended our Select on Q Eat service to Economy passengers enabling them to pre-order their meal online with access to an exclusive dish as the fourth dish.
“Together with new serving plates, which remove the need for trays, our crew will be able to serve and clear meals up to 30 minutes faster giving them more time to interact and assist passengers,” added Mr Joyce.
The new Economy dining experience will be available on the following dates:
- 25th November 2014: Melbourne-Dubai-London
- 26th November 2014: Sydney-Dubai-London
- 28th November, 2014: Tasman
- 5th December, 2014: Perth-Auckland seasonal service
- 9th December, 2014: US services; Los Angeles, New York and Dallas/Fort Worth
- 3rd January 2015: Vancouver seasonal service
- 13th January, 2015: Singapore
- 10th February, 2015: Hong Kong
- 1st March, 2015: Santiago, Johannesburg, Honolulu, Bangkok, Shanghai, Narita, Manila, Jakarta and Noumea