Hyatt have unveiled details of their global promotion for the next 3 months. Under the bonus offer, you could earn a maximum of 60,000 bonus World of Hyatt points on stays between September 1 and November 30, 2018.
According to Hyatt, 60,000 points is enough for at least 2 free nights at any Hyatt hotel in the world. Depending on which Hyatt you choose to stay at, this could be up to 12 free nights.
- Stay Period: September 1 to November 30, 2018
- Registration is Required by October 15, 2018
- Eligible Nights: any night where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award for at least one night of their stay. Nights at Oasis homes and Small Luxury Hotels of the WorldTM properties are not Eligible Nights.
- Only the room occupied by the Member will count toward this offer
- Bonus Earnings: The following chart shows the bonus earn rate.
Nights Bonus Points Earned Total Bonus Points Earned 5 + 2,500 = 2,500 10 + 5,000 = 7,500 20 + 10,000 = 17,500 30 + 17,500 = 35,000 40 + 25,000 = 60,000
As the chart shows, the bonus points are paid are paid after 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 nights. At each level, the effective number of points per night increases. On the first five nights, you earn an average of 500 points per night. For nights 6-10, you will earn 5,000 points, or an additional 1,000 points per night on average. This continues through the chart, and you earn an average of 2,500 points per night for the ten nights from night 31 to 40.
Another way of looking at it, is to consider the average earning overall. This works out as follows:
- 5 nights – earn an average of 500 bonus points per night
- 10 nights – earn an average of 750 bonus points per night
- 20 nights – earn an average of 875 bonus points per night
- 30 nights – earn an average of ~1,167 bonus points per night
- 40 nights – earn an average of 1500 bonus points per night
Those averages only work if you stay the required number of nights exactly. So, for example, stay 21 nights and you earn the same as if you stayed 20 nights.
To earn the maximum bonus, you need to stay 40 nights. Given the promotion period covers 91 nights, this represents a fairly solid commitment to staying in Hyatt Hotels. Fortunately, the bonus is awarded on the number of nights that are spent in Hyatt Hotels, rather than based on stays.
So, there you have it. It may not be the most compelling offer out there, but if you have enough Hyatt stays coming up, there is no harm in registering.