Velocity and 7-Eleven have launched a new partnership allowing Velocity members to collect points at 7-Eleven. Members can collect points when buying fuel, and on eligible in-store items.
When you fuel up or shop in-store, you will earn points as follows:
- 2 Points per $1 on eligible 7-Eleven in-store purchases;
- 2 Points per litre on premium fuel (Extra 95 and Supreme +98) at 7-Eleven; and
- 1 Point per litre on regular fuel at 7-Eleven.
When shopping in-store, you will earn points on the following purchases:
- Convenience store products including food
- Car washes
- Any additional services available at any 7-Eleven store
- Electrical vehicle charging services
On the other hand, you won’t earn points on gift cards, parcel collection and sending services, phone recharges, transport card top-ups, hire items, tobacco, and lottery products.
Earning Velocity Points at 7-Eleven
The first step to earning points is to link your 7-Eleven account and your Velocity account. You need to do this from within the 7-Eleven App.
- Download or update your 7-Eleven app at the Google Play or Apple App stores.
- If you have not yet signed up to 7-Eleven, do so now
- If you have an older version of the app, you may need to update to the latest version
- On the 7-Eleven app, navigate to ‘Settings’
- Tap on the ‘Velocity Frequent Flyer’ logo
- Login to your Velocity account to link your account to 7-Eleven
- You’re now able to earn points
In order to earn points, you will need to scan your 7-Eleven card before paying. In Western Australia, you have the additional option of scanning your Velocity card. This latter option will be rolled out nationwide over time.
As an introductory bonus, 7-Eleven is offering 711 bonus Points on their first eligible purchase at 7-Eleven made by 28 June 2021.
If the earn rate looks familiar, it may be because it is similar to the structure of the BP-Qantas partnership. There are some differences. You earn more points in-store at 7-Eleven – in fact double. The other difference is that Velocity and 7-11 give the 95 Octane petrol a bump up to 2 Velocity Points per litre.
All in all, it is good to see another point earning opportunity for Velocity.