It is reporting season for companies listed on the Australia Stock Exchange. While the financials are interesting, for the traveller, airline companies often give an update on some products that will be coming through in the next year – particularly where these involve significant capital expenditure.
Today it was the turn of Virgin Australia. Along with the financials, the following updates, probably more important to the traveller were disclosed
- New A330 Business class suites from mid 2015
- New B777 Business class suites and Premium Economy cabin by end of 2015
- Introduction of Business class on Trans Tasman and
- Pacific Island services – from February 2015
- New Perth terminal, with direct connection with regional terminal, and Lounge in the second half of 2015
- Ongoing Lounge network expansion
- new Lounge in Darwin and Alice Springs in March 2015, and expansion of Brisbane from March 2015
- Expanded premium services
The Perth lounge will coincide with the move of Virgin Australia to its new terminal in Perth.