Virgin Australia has today unveiled its new Airbus A330 business class service. Going by the name of “The Business”, it includes a new seat together with other change to the product offering.
The most obvious feature of the new Business Class is the seat. Virgin is touting the business offering as “a new world standard in domestic business class”. The new seats feature wide fully-flat beds, and being in a 1-2-1 configuration, every passenger in business has direct aisle access.
Features of the seats include
- The world’s longest and widest fully lie-flat bed in domestic business class
- Reverse herringbone cabin layout, maximising privacy and enabling 100 per cent direct aisle access in a 1-2-1 configuration
- The latest in in-flight comfort, with ample space to multi-task, customised triple-layer seat cushion supported by a hammock sub-frame and a turn-down service with memory foam mattress toppers and high-grade cotton pillows and doonas
- High Definition 16″ touch screens featuring the Virgin Australia Entertainment seat-back system with an enhanced graphical user interface
It’s probably not the first thing that comes to mind when thinking of Business Class, however, Virgin have taken on the challenge of making coffee at altitude. The new Business Class will feature ‘Nespresso by B/E Aerospace’ machines, which was designed to help overcome the issues surrounding making coffee at altitude.
As part of the product offering, Virgin Australia will be offering the following blends:
Nespresso and Virgin Australia will welcome the following coffee blends on board:
- Ristretto Intenso – A daring blend of South and Central American Robusta and Arabica, Ristretto Intenso is a full coffee of exceptional intensity with notes of pepper and a creamy texture.
- Espresso Forte – Made exclusively from South and Central American Arabicas, the complex aroma of this intensely roasted espresso is a balance of strong and fruity notes.
- Espresso Decaffeinato – Dark-roasted South American, Arabicas with a touch of Robusta bring out the subtle cocoa and roasted cereal notes of this full-bodied decaffeinated espresso.
It will be possible to choose from various styles of coffee, with Virgin stating they will be able to serve Cappuccino, Espresso, Macchiato, Long Black and Ristretto styles.