Members of the Global Hotels Alliance (GHA) Discovery program could be eligible for Platinum status after a two-night stay. Simply complete a two-night stay by 31 August and the status could be yours.
Members can achieve platinum status by following the following three steps
- Firstly, register for 2 NIGHTS TO ELEVATED TRAVEL promo
- Secondly, rook your stay on discoveryloyalty.com, the DISCOVERY Loyalty app, or brand websites for hotels in the DISCOVERY Collection
- Finally, stay at any of the Discovery hotels and resorts by 31 August 2020
If you are not yet a member, you will need to join the program. This is free, and even at the base Gold level provides a few benefits.
Normally, achieving Platinum Status in Discovery would require 10 nights. While this is not the top level of the program, it still provides some decent benefits.
The basic level, Gold, provides the following basic benefits
- Complimentary bottle of water
- Complimentary internet
- A newspaper
- 10% discount on direct bookings
Platinum builds on these core benefits and adds
- Upgrade to the next category at check-in
- Late checkout until 3 pm
- A local Amenity and Experience
Perhaps the most unique feature of the program is the local experience. These vary by hotel and location, but at the platinum level could include a local tour, or a gift hamper.
Of course, the top, Black, level takes these inclusions up a notch. However, this would require 30 nights during the year.
Platinum Status after a single 2 night stay could well be worth it. And if you are looking for a quick staycation (given we can’t go too much further afield) at the moment, it could be something to consider,