IHG has extended a promotion offering an additional reward night when signing up or renewing an Ambassador membership.
Under the promotion, IHG is throwing in an additional reward night when meeting the requirements of the promotion. While a free complimentary weekend night is part of the standard offer, IHG is making available another Reward night, after making an eligible stay.
You can take part in the promotion if you are signing up for the Ambassador program. In addition, if you are up for renewal in the next few months, you could also be eligible.
The approach from IHG to promoting this offer is a little unusual. While they have been sending emails to eligible members, they don’t seem to be promoting it on their website. Or at least, I have been unable to find one. However, IHG has included the promotion in the terms and conditions of the program.
In order to get the additional reward certificate:
- Enrol in the Ambassador program or renew your program membership between July 30, 2020 – December 31 2020
- Complete one Qualifying Stay by 31 January 2021. This stay needs to be at an InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, or Regent® Hotel.
- A free night certificate will be added to your account within 3 days of checkout
- The Rewards night will need to be consumed by 30 April 2021.
The ambassador program runs alongside the IHG Rewards program and is an optional extra. There is a cost of joining the program, currently $US200 or 40,000 points. In addition, you do need to pay each year, although there may be other payment options when renewing.
For this, a range of benefits is made available when staying at participating hotels. In summary, these are
- Guaranteed one category room upgrade
- Extended 4pm check-out
- Complimentary weekend night
- Dedicated check-in area
- Platinum Elite status in IHG® Rewards Club
- Restaurants & bars credit of up to USD20 for every stay
- Complimentary mineral water
- Complimentary internet
Hotels are trying to entice people back to their properties through a variety of means. In this case, IHG is throwing in an additional reward night, after staying for one night.
It is a promotion that may suit some and not others. I won’t be able to participate, but for new members, it is worth considering.