Have you been thinking about joining the Qantas Club? If you have, you would know how expensive it can be. As a result, you may have been waiting on a special offer.
Right now, Qantas is offering a ‘double up’ offer on new memberships. The deal, available for just four days, is offering 2-year memberships for the usual price of a 1-year membership. You can also pick up a 4-year membership for the price you would normally pay for 2 years.
Qantas Club membership: The deal
The deal takes into account the full cost of joining. This is made up of two components. Firstly, there is a joining fee. Secondly, there is an annual fee, that gets paid upfront for the full term of the membership.
Unfortunately, this offer does not seem to be available if you are renewing. It is only available to new members.
- 2-year membership (RRP AUD$1,379 or 225,000 Qantas Points) for the price of a 1-year membership (RRP AUD$939 or 148,000 Qantas Points)
- 4-year membership (RRPAUD$2,249 or 355,000 Qantas Points) for the price of a 2-year membership (RRP AUD$1,379 or 225,000 Qantas Points)
Normally, a 4-year membership costs a total of $2,249. This consists of a $1,850 membership fee and a $399 joining fee. As can be seen, under the offer the total comes down to $1,379.
New Zealand residents:
- 2-year membership (RRP NZD$1,259 or 225,000 Qantas Points) for the price of a 1-year membership (RRP NZD$869 or 148,000 Qantas Points)
- 4-year membership (RRP NZD$2,139 or 355,000 Qantas Points) for the price of a 2-year membership (RRP NZD$1,259 or 225,000 Qantas Points)
Residents from all other regions:
- 2-year membership (RRP AUD$1,109 or 225,000 Qantas Points) for the price of a 1-year membership (RRP AUD$779 or 148,000 Qantas Points)
- 4-year membership (RRP AUD$1,769 or 355,000 Qantas Points) for the price of a 2-year membership (RRP AUD$1,109 or 225,000 Qantas Points)
Qantas Club Benefits
The main benefit of Qantas Club membership is that it allows access to the network of Qantas lounges in a number of domestic and international airports. Members and 1 guest can enter the lounge prior to flying on a Qantas or Jetstar service.
It is not the only benefit though. Members of the Qantas Club provides can access benefits such as priority check-in and increased baggage allowances.
There are some premium services available at check-in for Qantas Club members. These vary, depending on whether you are taking a domestic or international flight.
- Domestic: Qantas Club members can access the Premium Service Desk to check-in or for assistance and booking change requests. In a situation where you are travelling with hand luggage only, you can also check in at most major domestic Australian Qantas Club lounges.
- International: Check in at dedicated Qantas Club counters available at most airports. You must be travelling on a Qantas operated service with a Qantas flight number.
Increased Baggage Allowance
Domestically, the baggage allowance is increased from 23Kg to 32Kg when travelling in economy (except when travelling on a Dash 8 service).. On International Qantas Services, there is generally an additional allowance of 12Kg across all cabin classes (although there are some exceptions on codeshare flights).
To take advantage of this offer head to this page to join by 14 November.