Have you been thinking about joining the Qantas Club? If so, Qantas could have just the offer for you. During June, Qantas is offering new members the chance to join with
- the $99 joining fee waived,
- a 20% discount on the annual fees for 1 or 2 years
- up to 100 Status Credits
Qantas Club membership: The deal
The offers are available to members taking out either a one or two year membership. If you take out a 1 year membership, you will get 50 Status Credits. Make that a 2 year membership, and Qantas will give you 100 Status Credits.
Unfortunately, this offer does not seem to be available if you are renewing. It is only available to new members.
- 1-year membership is available for $480 (was $699, including $99 joining fee). Alternatively, you can use 74,000 Qantas Points to join.
- 1-year membership is available for $880 (was $1,199, including $99 joining fee). Alternatively, you can use 136,000 Qantas Points to join.
Qantas Club Benefits
The main benefit of Qantas Club membership is that it allows access to the network of Qantas lounges in a number of domestic and international airports. Members and 1 guest can enter the lounge prior to flying on a Qantas or Jetstar service.
It is not the only benefit though. Members can access benefits such as priority check-in and increased baggage allowances.
There are some premium services available at check-in for Qantas Club members. These vary, depending on whether you are taking a domestic or international flight.
- Domestic: Qantas Club members can access the Premium Service Desk to check-in or for assistance and booking change requests. In a situation where you are travelling with hand luggage only, you can also check in at most major domestic Australian Qantas Club lounges.
- International: Check in at dedicated Qantas Club counters available at most airports. You must be travelling on a Qantas operated service with a Qantas flight number.
Increased Baggage Allowance
Domestically, the baggage allowance is increased from 23Kg to 32Kg when travelling in economy (except when travelling on a Dash 8 service).. On International Qantas Services, there is generally an additional allowance of 12Kg across all cabin classes (although there are some exceptions on codeshare flights).
To take advantage of this offer head to this page to join by 30 June