Velocity have extended their transfer bonus promotion until June 9. Under the promotion, you could earn up to 25% bonus Velocity Points when transferring points from a number of partners. This include credit card programs, hotel loyalty programs and Flybuys.
The actual bonus on offer varies by partner, with some offering a greater bonus that others. For most credit card partners, it can also vary with the number of points you are transaferring.
The promotion is running through to June 9. To get the bonus, you will need to make sure that you have started the transfer process by June 9.
Bonus Velocity Points offer
The transfer bonus is valid for transfers made between June 1 and June 9, 2019. Depending on which program you are in, you may have minimum transfer amounts that are specified by your card partner
It is a style of promotion that Velocity runs a ones or twice a year. The 15% bonus has become the norm for the bonus, although there are some partners that occasionally offer a boost.
The following partners are participating in this promotion:
- Credit Card Partners – standard offer, see below for earning structure
- American Express,
- Citi Bank,
- Diners Club,
- Card Services,
- Bank of Queensland and
- Credit Card Partners
- CommBank – 25% bonus
- ANZ – 20% bonus + 30% boost
- Flybuys – 15% bonus
- Hotel Partners – 20% bonus
- Accor Hotels
- Marriott Rewards
Credit Card Offer
Most credit card providers are offering bonus points on a sliding scale. Basically, the more points you transfer the bigger the bonus. The offer is based on the number of Velocity Points you transfer:
|1 – 250,000 Velocity Points
||=||15% Bonus Velocity Frequent Flyer Points|
|250,001 to 500,000 Velocity Points||=||20% Bonus Velocity Frequent Flyer Points|
|500,001 plus Velocity Points||=||25% Bonus Velocity Frequent Flyer Points|
This table applies to most credit card partners. Exceptions are CommBank amd ANZ. Commbank is offering 25% across the board, while ANZ are offering a total of 50%.
The following list shows the history of the offers over time.
- November 2018 – 15% + various bonus offers, depending on partner
- November 2017 – 15% transfer bonus
- May 2017 – 15% transfer bonus
- November 2016, 15% transfer bonus
- May 2016: 15% transfer bonus
- November 2015: 15% transfer bonus
- May 2015: 15% transfer bonus
- November 2014: 15% transfer bonus
- May 2014: 10% transfer bonus
- October 2013: 15% transfer bonus
- April 2013: 15% transfer bonus
- October 2012: 15% transfer bonus
- September 2011: 20% bonus