Qantas is offering its members 1,000 bonus Qantas Points when making a new Airbnb booking. The booking need to be made through the Qantas airbnb booking portal between November 27 and December 4 2018.
The 1,000 bonus points is on top of the usual 1 point per $1 that you would normally receive. (You also earn 500 Qantas Points for your first Airbnb booking)
With the holiday season looming, this could be an easy way to boost your points balance if you were planning a stay at an Airbnb.
It can take up to 8 weeks for the points to be credited to your account. Hopefully you aren’t in too much of a hurry for the points.
Qantas and Airbnb
Qantas and Airbnb first began points earning partnership in October 2016. Under the partnership, members can earn a standard 1 Qantas Points per dollar on their bookings. In order to get the points, you do need to begin you search at the Qantas Airbnb page.
The following procedure needs to be followed in order to earn Qantas Points:
- You need to start at the the Qantas.com airbnb booking portal. You will also need to be logged in to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account. The portal will prompt you if you need to log in.
- From there, you will be redirected to airbnb.com.au to complete your booking.
- If you book a property where the price is not quoted in Australian Dollars, Airbnb will convert the price to Australian Dollars to determine the number of points you earn
- The name on the booking must match the name on your Qantas Frequent Flyer account
- You will earn 1 Qantas Point per Australian Dollar spent on the final value of the guest fees of your booking after any adjustments
- If you cancel the booking, then you won’t earn any points
- You can expect the points to be credited to your account up to 8 weeks after your stay