For the next two weeks American Express are offering a bonus of 15% – 20% when transferring points to Velocity. To be in line for the bonus, you will need to make your transfer between 27 February and 29 February 2019.
For most people, the bonus will be 15%, However, if you hold the right cards, you could get a 20% bonus.
- For members enrolled in the Ascent, Gateway or David Jones program, you will receive a 15% bonus is on offer.
- If you hold Platinum or Centurion card, you will get a 20% bonus when transferring from the Premium Ascent account.
- Offer: 15% – 20% bonus on transfers from Membership Rewards to Velocity
- Dates: Valid for transfers between 17 February and 29 February 2019.
- Conditions: Transfers must be a minimum of 2,000 MR points
A 15% bonus is on par with most bonus offers over the last few years. Sometimes they are a little higher, but 15% is common.
American Express offer transfers to Velocity from a range of their various Membership Rewards programs. These include the Ascent, Gateway, Premium Ascent, Business Ascent and David Jones Membership Rewards programs.
When you transfer to Velocity, you are normally offered a rate of 2 Membership Rewards Points to 1 Velocity Point. For example, if you transfer 2,000 Membership Rewards Points, you will receive 1,000 Velocity Points. As a result of the bonus offer, you will get an extra 150 (or 200) Velocity Points for each 2,000 Membership Rewards points transferred.
The Terms and Conditions of the transfer offer are:
Terms and Conditions
Transfer your Membership Rewards points to Velocity between 12.01am (AEDT) 17th February and 29th February 2020 11.59pm (AEDT) (Promotion Period) and you’ll receive Bonus Velocity Points. Terms and Conditions apply*
– Ascent, Gateway and David Jones: 2,000+ Membership Rewards Points transferred = 15% bonus Velocity Points
– Business Ascent: 1,998+ Membership Rewards Points transferred = 15% bonus Velocity Points
– Premium Ascent: 2,000+ Membership Rewards Points transferred = 20% bonus Velocity Points