IHG Rewards Club has launched a new promotion offering up to quadruple points for stays between 15 February 2020 and 15 May 2020.
In a way, it is similar to a promotion run last year that also offered up to quadruple points. And while the structure is similar, there is one significant difference. This time around, the promotion is based on the number of nights you have stayed, rather than the number of stays that you have made.
How does it work?
- Register for the promotion by 15 April 2020
- Stay between 15 February 2020 and 15 May 2020.
IHG Rewards will calculate the bonus based on the number of nights that you have stayed in the promotion period.
- On your first night, you will earn 1000 bonus points
- For the 2nd-5th nights, you will earn double points. There is a maximum of 100,000 points for these nights.
- For the 6th-14th nights, you will earn triple points. Once again, there is a maximum of 100,000 points for these nights.
- For the 15th night and beyond will earn quadruple points up to a maximum of 100,000 awarded.
Overall, there is a maximum of 301,000 points that could be awarded under this promotion. Having said that, it would require at least 15 nights to get to the maximum.
So, what happens if your stay is across different levels? For example, what would happen if you had a two-night stay that covered nights 5 and 6 of the promotion. According to the terms and conditions, they will simply average the rates for the two nights. For example, if your total stay was $200, IHG Rewards would apply $100 to night 5 and the other $100 to night 6.
IHG Rewards looks to have stepped away from the Accelerate promotions. This could be good or bad, depending on the type of offers you were getting.
While the promotion specifies a maximum of 301,000, this is probably beyond most people. Indeed, many may not even get through the double points stage.
Still, there are bonus point to be had. And even if you only stay one night, there’s 1,000 points.