Hilton today debuted Hilton for Business, a new travel program allowing small- and medium-sized businesses to simplify travel management while offering rewards and discounts for their loyalty.
The program, available globally, offers a set of tools to enhance the business travel booking and management experience. On top of that, it provides Hilton Honors benefits to business customers and their employees around the world.
In many ways, the program operates like other small business programs of its type. While the business has an account, the individual travellers still enjoy the benefits of their own Hilton Honors account.
For a business enrolled in Hilton For Business, there are a range of benefits to both the business, and anyone travelling on business for them
Small- and medium-sized businesses that join Hilton for Business gain access to discounted rates across Hilton’s global portfolio of nearly 7,400 properties. These discounts are available both on the website and on the Hilton Honors app.
Travel Rewards for Small Businesses and Their Employees
Businesses that enrol in the program will be eligible for milestone bonuses through the Hilton Honors program. Benefits include:
- The business will receive 7,500 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after the first stay by a program member,
- For every 10 nights stayed on the Hilton for Business rate across your business, your business will earn 5,000 Hilton Honors Points,
- Individual travellers, including both owners and employees, will continue to earn their personal Hilton Honors Points and benefits each time they stay.
It is worth noting that some of the benefits only accrue if you book on the special Hilton For Business rate. This may be an issue in cases where another rate (for example, a sale rate) might be cheaper. While there is nothing wrong with staying on a different rate, the business will not earn points for those stays.
Joining Hilton for Business
If you are a Hilton Honors member with an eligible business, you can join the Hilton for Business program through your account. There are a few requirements that must be met:
- Your company or organization must be a legal small-to-medium business based anywhere in the world. And, you do not have a partnership relationship with Hilton Worldwide Sales.
- You and your employees need to be Hilton Honors members. Your Hilton Honors account is where you can access and manage your Hilton for Business program account.
- You and your employees must have email addresses that match your work email domain—for example, firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not be able to accept free email, such as Gmail or Yahoo email at this time.
While you join using your Hilton Honors account, any points earned by the business will be kept separately. These points are able to be transferred to you, or an employee. personal account.
Hilton says they discovered 75 percent of small- and medium-sized business customers manage their on travel in-house. Furthermore, Hilton’s 2024 Trends Report highlighted the needs of global travellers in being able to book their entire trip online.
To meet this need, Hilton created the new program for customers who have been looking for a travel platform – and loyalty benefits – that meets their unique set of needs and reduces friction points, from booking to billing.
For further information, or to join the program, visit Hilton for Business.