Every month, Singapore Airlines releases discounted award flights, for travel in the following month. Going by the name Spontaneous Escapes, they offer discounted award seats in the Economy and Business cabins.
Singapore Airlines has just published the Spontaneous Escapes deals for October 2019. For most of the flights on offer, you will need to be able to travel in November.
It’s a bit of a mixed bag for Australia this time around.
Singapore Airlines is offering a range of opportunities around Australia. For Adelaide, Brisbane and Sydner, there are opportunities in both directions. There are also options to travel to Singapore from Melbourne or Canberra – but there are no discounted return journeys.
Cairns and Darwin both have options on Silkair operated services. These are available in both directions.
On the other hand, if you had been hoping for options to North America, there are none on offer this time around.
There are In addition to those opportunities, there is also a range of other offers across the network. You can peruse the offer on the Singapore Airlines website.
Spontaneous Escapes is a monthly feature of the KrisFlyer program. Offering 30% or more off the KrisFlyer miles required for last-minute award travel, you can book on a range of Singapore Airlines and SilkAir routes. Under the offer, you can book Saver awards in both Economy and Business class, for travel during the following month.
Being discounted redemptions, they have restrictions that do not apply to normal Award bookings.
Firstly, the discounts are on offer for flights to and from Singapore. This doesn’t stop you connecting in Singapore, however, if you do, the points you require will be either the sum of the two individual flights or the regular price – whichever works out lower.
If you need to change the flights, you will be a bit out of luck. You are not able to cancel or make changes to a Spontaneous Escapes award booking.
You also need to make sure that all of the flights are taken during the promotional period. If you don’t, you may end up paying more, as all flights on the ticket will be priced at the normal Award prices.
Finally, You need to book on the Singapore Airlines website to access the discount.
In order to successfully book at the discounted price, you will need to ensure you meet the requirements
- Booking Period: You need to ensure that you have made the booking by the end of October
- Travel Period: The required travel periods are
- All destinations between 1 November and 30 November
- Restrictions: When booking multiple flights, the entire booking needs to be within the travel period.
Discounts for Australia
- Adelaide: Business seats are available for travel on SQ278 and SQ279
- Brisbane: A range of options are available to and from Brisbane, in both the Economy and Business cabins.
- Melbourne: Business is available throughout the month on SQ208. For travellers in Economy, SQ288 is available between 15-30 November
- Sydney: SQ222 has Business seats available to Singapore, while you can return on SQ231.
- Canberra: You can leave Canberra in both Economy and Business, but there are no return flights on the discount list.
- Darwin: Economy seats are available in both directions. If you are travelling from Singapore to Darwin, the offer is limited to the period 1 to 13 October
These Spontaneous Escapes are good for those that can travel at short notice and are unlikely to change their flights.