Every month, Singapore Airlines releases discounted award flights, for travel in the following month. Going by the name Spontaneous Escapes, they offer discounted award seats in the Economy and Business cabins.
Singapore Airlines has just published the Spontaneous Escapes deals for September 2019. For most of the flights on offer, you will need to be able to travel in October.
This time around, there are a handful of offers to Australia. In addition to those opportunities, there is also a range of other offers across the network. You can peruse the offer on the Singapore Airlines website.
Spontaneous Escapes is a monthly feature of the KrisFlyer program. Offering 30% or more off the KrisFlyer miles required for last-minute award travel, you can book on a range of Singapore Airlines and SilkAir routes. Under the offer, you can book Saver awards in both Economy and Business class, for travel during the following month.
Being discounted redemptions, they have restrictions that do not apply to normal Award bookings.
Firstly, the discounts are on offer for flights to and from Singapore. This doesn’t stop you connecting in Singapore, however, if you do, the points you require will be either the sum of the two individual flights or the regular price – whichever works out lower.
If you need to change the flights, you will be a bit out of luck. You are not able to cancel or make changes to a Spontaneous Escapes award booking.
You also need to make sure that all of the flights are taken during the promotional period. If you don’t, you may end up paying more, as all flights on the ticket will be priced at the normal Award prices.
Finally, You need to book on the Singapore Airlines website to access the discount.
In order to successfully book at the discounted price, you will need to ensure you meet the requirements
- Booking Period: You need to ensure that you have made the booking by the end of September
- Travel Period: The required travel periods are
- All destinations except to/from Los Angeles: Between 1 October and 31 October
- For travel between Singapore and Los Angeles: Between 1 November and 30 November
- Restrictions: When booking multiple flights, the entire booking needs to be within the travel period.
Discounts for Australia and New Zealand
- Adelaide: Economy seats are available for travel on SQ278 Adelaide-Singapore only
- Brisbane: Business is available on SQ255 (Singapore to Brisbane) between 1 and 13 October. In the opposite direction (Brisbane to Singapore), there are Economy seats available on SQ236, and Business seats on SQ266.
- Cairns: Economy seats MI812 and MI814 from Cairns to Singapore
- Darwin: Economy seats are available in both directions. If you are travelling from Singapore to Darwin, the offer is limited to the period 1 to 13 October
These Spontaneous Escapes are good for those that can travel at short notice and are unlikely to change their flights.