Every month Singapore Airlines releases discounted award flights under the Spontaneous Escapes program. Under the program. Krsflyer offers discounted award seats on a range of flights across the Singapore Airlines and Silkair networks.
Singapore Airlines has just published the January Spontaneous Escapes, for travel in February.
This month looks to be a particularly good month for the program. Firstly, there is a good range of flights on offer. And, as a special bonus, there is an additional discount on offer.
Usually there is a discount of 30% on the eligible flights. However, this month, Krisflyer are offering an additional 21% discount, bringing the total discount to 51%.
There are In addition to those opportunities, there is also a range of other offers across the network. You can peruse the offer on the Singapore Airlines website.
Spontaneous Escapes is a monthly feature of the KrisFlyer program. Offering 30% or more off the KrisFlyer miles required for last-minute award travel, you can book on a range of Singapore Airlines and SilkAir routes. Under the offer, you can book Saver awards in both Economy and Business class, for travel during the following month.
Please note that as these are discounted redemptions, they have additional restrictions over normal Award bookings.
Firstly, the discounts are on offer for flights to and from Singapore. This doesn’t stop you connecting in Singapore, however, if you do, the points you require will be either the sum of the two individual flights or the regular price – whichever works out lower.
If you need to change the flights, you will be a bit out of luck. You are not able to cancel or make changes to a Spontaneous Escapes award booking.
Make sure all of the flights are taken during the promotional period. Unfortunately, if any of the flights are outside the promotion period, all flights will be priced at the normal Award prices.
Finally, You need to book on the Singapore Airlines website to access the discount.
In order to successfully book at the discounted price, you will need to ensure you meet the requirements
- Booking Period: You need to ensure that you have made the booking by the end of January
- Travel Period: The required travel periods are
- All destinations between 1 February and 29 February
- Restrictions: When booking multiple flights, the entire booking needs to be within the travel period.
Discounts for Australia
- Adelaide: Limited options available being SQ279 to Singapore (Business only) & SQ278 from Singapore (Economy & Business)
- Brisbane: A range of flights in all classes of travel
- Melbourne: A range of flights in Premium Economy are available.
- Sydney: A range of flights in Premium Economy are available.
- Cairns: Silkair flights in Economy & Business. There is a blackout period for flights from SIN to CNS between 1 and 12 February
- Darwin: Silkair flights in Economy & Business
These Spontaneous Escapes are good for those that can travel at short notice and are unlikely to change their flights.