Hilton Honors has rolled out its latest feature – the ability for members to pool their points. The feature was announced as one of a group of changes earlier this year.
Under the pooling option, members are now able to transfer points between accounts free of charge.
Hilton Honors Pooling
Under the new pooling option, a member can invite up to 10 people to join your group. Once that is set up, members can transfer points and only the person who set up the group can redeem the pooled Points.
There are some limits on all of this, of course. Some of these limits are:
- You must have been a member for at least 30 days, and have had some account activity
- Transfer may be made in increments of 1,000 Points up to 500,000 Points
- Members can send up to 500,000 points and receive up to 2,000,000 per calendar year
- There is a limit of 6 Points Pooling transactions per calendar year
- A total of 11 accounts can combine points towards a redemption (receive points from up to 10 members in a single account)
Setting up a Pool
To set up your own pool, first go to this page (and sign in to your account). At this point, you will be presented with a for to fill in.
After filling in the email addresses, Hilotn will send an email to the members that you have invited to your pool. Thet will then be able to accept your request. If they accept your request, then they will be able to send points to your account.
This is a feature that is likely to be most useful for families. As such, it gives some added benefits that were not available before.