Kris+ is coming to Australia – well, to Sydney and Melbourne. While there have been partners in Australia for some time, you haven’t been able to earn or redeem KrisPay miles in Australia. Following the Australian launch, you will be able to do both.
As a launch offer, new members in Australia could earn up to 2,500 bonus KrisPay miles. In order to get the bonus miles, you will need to make at least two eligible transactions in Melbourne or Sydney.
What is Kris+?
Kris+ is a lifestyle rewards program run by Singapore Airlines. While you may be familiar with KrisFlyer – the airline’s frequent flyer program – Kris+ focusses on shopping discounts, dining offers and more.
In order to access the program, you will need to install the Kris+ app on your phone. You can then use the App to earn and redeem KrisPay miles,
When you install the App, Kris+ can detect you ApplePay or GooglePay options when paying.
The currency used by Kris+ is KrisPay miles. This is different to the KrisFlyer miles used in the frequent flyer program. Havin said that you can convert between between KrisPay miles and KrisFlyer miles.
Who is Kris+ partnered with?
Until now, Kris+ has largely been focussed on the Singapore market, so most partners are located there. However, they have a range of partners in Australia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, South Korea and the USA.
Kris+ publishes the list of partners on its website here. By using the App you can also find partners close to you. For Australia, some of the partners include:
- AFL Kitchen & Bar – 10% off food and beverage.
- Captain Cook Cruises – 20% off tickets.
- Heineken House – 10% off food and beverage
- Plaza Premium Lounge – 15% off lounges
- Skybus – 10% off tickets.
Earning KrisPay miles
As mentioned, you collect reward points in the form of KrisPay Miles. While you cannot currently earn KrisPay miles in Australia, this will change when the program is expanded. You will be able to earn KrisPay miles by:
- Paying for your coffee, food, and more with the Kris+ app at partner merchants to earn miles. You can earn 1-3 miles per dollar you spend.
- Referring friends to the Kris+ program
Using KrisPay miles
You can use KrisPay miles in two ways:
- Transfer miles to your KrisFlyer account to save for your next redemption flight or upgrade.
- Use them to offset your next purchase at a Kris+ partner (150 miles = AUD$1).
Early sign-up offer
Kris+ is offering Australians an early sign-up offer – a bonus of up to 2,500 miles when you complete the following steps:
- Before 0000 hrs (AEDT) 20 November 2023, download and log in to Kris+ with your KrisFlyer account; and
- From launch day (stay tuned!) till 31 December 2023, make payments (AUD$15 min. spend each) using Kris+ at partners across Sydney/Melbourne.
1 participating partner
2 or more participating partners
|1,500 miles||2,500 miles|
As always with these offers, there’s a few things to keep in mind. In order to gain the rewards, the payments need to be for at least $AUD15. It is also worth noting that you can only receive one of these bonus rewards. If you pay at two partners, you don’t get both rewards.
For further information, refer to the Kris+ Australia page.