During July, Qantas are offering 20,000 Qantas Points for any new Qantas credit cardholders. That’s right, if you have not had a Qantas Points earning credit card before, Qantas are offering am extra bonus.
The 20,000 Qantas Points is on top of any signup bonus that is on offer for a card you sign up for. As an example, say you signed up for a card offering 100,000 Qantas Points. With the bonus Qantas points you could be in line for 120,000 Qantas Points all up.
But remember, you need to be new to holding a Qantas Points earning card. Qantas have set the requirement as follows:
Members must not have earned Qantas Points on a Qantas Points earning card into their Qantas Frequent Flyer account within the past 12 months from offer registration to be eligible.
To be in line for these points, you need to
- Register before 31 July 2019
- Sign up for a new eligible points earning card
- Make an eligible purchase on your new card within 30 days of receiving the card
- Ensure that the points have been applied to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account by 31 October
- And then, 20,000 bonus Qantas Points will be yours.
This is similar to a Sunrise promotion that was run last year. The main change is that Qantas have boosted the number of points on offer.
This may be a useful offer if you don’t currently hold a Qantas Points earning card, and have been looking for a new card.