Qantas has launched a new way of using your Qantas Points – Points Exclusives. These are a range of events, experiences, and curated Qantas products that are available to Qantas Frequent Flyers using their points.
You can only use your Qantas Points to pay for these experiences and events. As such, there is no option to use cash, or Points + Pay.
The launch of the new program follows in the footsteps of previous offers such as Points Planes and Points Auctions. However, Points Experiences are different again. Points Planes were about flights, and the Points Auctions were one-off experiences you could bid on.
In contrast, the Points Experiences are offered at a fixed points value until they are sold out.
October Points Exclusives
The first set of Points Exclusives on offer is a bit of a mixed bag. They include:
- (Sold Out) Antarctica Scenic Flight for two from Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney (200,000 points)
- Boeing 787 Bar Carts – Choose from Half (75,000 points) or Full (85,000 points) carts
- Matchbox Twenty VIP Experience for two in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth or Sydney (345,000 points)
- Socceroos Match Day Experience for four and an on-pitch experience for one in Melbourne (300,000 points)
- Tina Turner Musical Premium Experience Sydney for two (84,000 points)
While my pick of the list would have been the Antarctica Scenic Flight, these sold out quickly. I guess it shows that you need to be quick.
You can view the current range of Points Exclusives online at the Qantas Marketplace.