They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I guess Velocity thinks the idea of a Points Plane is a good one, as they have now launched their own version.
For two days, you’ll be able to book an Economy seat on the Virgin Australia network as a Reward seat. That clock is already ticking, and if you want to nab one of these seats, you have until midnight AEST Tuesday 23 November.
The key details you need to know:
- Offer: Every Economy Seat is a Reward Seat
- Booking Dates: Book by midnight (AEST) 23 November 2021
- Travel Dates: Travel any time between 1 December 2021 and 31 March 2022
Remember that Award Seats on Virgin Australia are based on distance-based bands. The number of points you will need for a reward is as follows:
- 1-600 miles: 7,800 points (e.g. Sydney to the Gold Coast)
- 601-1,200 miles: 11,800 points (e.g. Brisbane to Adelaide)
- 1,201-2,400 miles: 17,800 points (e.g. Brisbane To Perth)
On top of the points, there is also a small cash co-payment to be made. This is generally around $30 and covers various fees and charges levied on airline travel.
As if that wasn’t good enough, there’s more. As part of the current Status Credit offer, you will be able to earn Status Credits on these flights. While a small number, between 5 and 10 Status Credits, depending on flight length, it’s better than nothing.
It’s good news if you are sitting on a stash of points, and have been thinking of travelling over the summer holidays period.
For further details, visit Virgin here.